Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank to match?
(02-03-2021, 12:26 AM)Guest Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 12:20 AM)Guest Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 12:17 AM)Guest Wrote: Ppl always make this claim that people have been tanked for sending multiple #1 emails... What's the real dirt? How exactly has this blown black on med students or is this just an amorphous threat that has been parroted over the years

same resident. take it for what you will then. you've been warned.

Sooo what you're saying is you have no specific data to back up your claim. I obviously understand the implications of lying to what will likely be future fellowship directors, paper and grant reviewers, faculty recruiters, etc., it would just be nice to have this backed up by an actual story for a change

A medical student lied to bni about ranking them number one. Spetzler got jollies about only ranking four residents back then and so they had to scramble. He and other faculty members held a huge grudge against said student for all time and actively worked against him. There's your story but hey honestly is also a good thing too. Starting your career with a lack of integrity is probably much more predictive of a bad outcome than Spetz being pissed at you. As the old axiom goes if I would lie for you what would stop me from lying to you?
I think if an applicant lied to a program about ranking them #1 and matched elsewhere the PD at said program would likely email the program where the applicant matched to let them know. You probably wouldn’t be unmatched, but it would be a pretty significant mark against you right from the start.
(02-03-2021, 09:39 AM)Guest Wrote: I think if an applicant lied to a program about ranking them #1 and matched elsewhere the PD at said program would likely email the program where the applicant matched to let them know. You probably wouldn’t be unmatched, but it would be a pretty significant mark against you right from the start.

This is likely how a significant number are found out. Tell two programs they're #1, both rank you high enough to match, you end up at one so the other immediately knows what happened.
(02-03-2021, 04:18 AM)Guest Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 03:26 AM)Guest Wrote: Do programs see our rank lists after submission and where they fell on the list?
I told one they were among the highest rated but after learning more two weeks after saying this, I think they should be closer to the middle out of 18 others.
Last thing I want to do is appear dishonest. Am willing to keep them high on the list if they can view where I put them

No but they will see where you match. So if they rank you to match, and you told them they were your #1, and you end up elsewhere, it will be clear what happened.

no i know better than to do that with a number one, I meant for the rest
Has anyone received rank to match communication from Mayo Rochester this year?
(02-03-2021, 02:31 PM)Guest Wrote: Has anyone received rank to match communication from Mayo Rochester this year?

I've gotten some post interview contact there that was pretty positive, but nothing really committed like that
(02-03-2021, 04:35 PM)Guest Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 02:31 PM)Guest Wrote: Has anyone received rank to match communication from Mayo Rochester this year?

I've gotten some post interview contact there that was pretty positive, but nothing really committed like that

Post interview meaning in response to a thank you letter? or program initiated?
Re: Mayo I got an encouraging response from the PD in reply to a thank you email I sent. Though I have a very specific research interest and he was connecting me with other ppl to learn more
(02-03-2021, 04:44 PM)Guest Wrote:

Both
(02-03-2021, 04:53 PM)Guest Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 04:44 PM)Guest Wrote:

Both

Is this the game Mayo is playing lol?

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)