Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.83 Average
Stony Brook Neurosurgery Meet & Greet
We are hosting the Stony Brook Neurosurgery Residency Meet & Greet Friday September 24th from 6-7PM via Zoom.

There will be a brief presentation and informal discussion with the faculty, followed by a resident-run Q&A session.

We look forward to meeting you!

- Drs. Michael Egnor and Courtney Pendleton

RSVP for meeting link:

courtney.pendleton@stonybrookmedicine.edu
This Dr. Egnor? I think I want a program director who understands basic biology not believes in religious magic.

https://whyevolutionistrue.com/2018/08/1...rwin-rant/
lots of doctors have weird beleifs he can still be a good surgeon
(10-02-2021, 12:23 PM)Guest Wrote: lots of doctors have weird beleifs he can still be a good surgeon

It says program director not surgeon. Authority over students warrants the scrutiny of fringe beliefs. According to the link their program director blames Darwin for the Holocaust. By the way, I before E except after C. Belief.
(10-02-2021, 12:53 PM)Guest Wrote:
(10-02-2021, 12:23 PM)Guest Wrote: lots of doctors have weird beleifs he can still be a good surgeon

It says program director not surgeon. Authority over students warrants the scrutiny of fringe beliefs. According to the link their program director blames Darwin for the Holocaust. By the way, I before E except after C. Belief.

thats a far-left athesist site. just because u are not far-left liberal radical, you cannot be a good surgeon? very extreme anti-catholic hysteria here. so i guess catholics cannot be doctors or pds? he has his own views and they are reasonalbe. sounds like a good program i would be honored to attend. 

does anyone know more about this program other than anti-catholic people here?
Attended meet and greet last year, interviewed here, and ranked them highly but matched at another northeast program slightly higher on my list. Didn't have any reservations besides the fact that it was a new program.

SBU has a good hospital with a respectable neurosurgery group that is growing rapidly. Good leadership and strong young faculty with representation in the major subspecialties. Seems like most of the scutwork is covered by the mid-levels and you operate regularly from July of intern year onwards.
Honestly really liked them on this meet and greet! Sad I didn’t get an interview but seems like one of the better new/small programs. Whatever beliefs the PD has, his vision for how he would like the program
To develop we’re very encouraging
Wow sounds great, thank u all for those views! Sounds like a solid program. would definetly look into this more.
He’s a brilliant surgeon and an absolute gentleman. Whatever you may think about his positions on other topics outside of medicine, he is a wonderful person to work with in Neurosurgery, which is the most important thing. People are entitled to their own views on other things, and we can agree to disagree, but does it compromise or impinge on his primary work as a neurosurgeon? The answer is no.

You don’t make the news for incredible rescue operations if you don’t have a good mastery of your craft, which Dr. Egnor does
Believe it or not plenty of academic neurosurgeons are religious. At our institution probably around half have some type of religious affiliation and actively practice. Not something you would know unless you work with them regularly or know them personally but this idea that neurosurgeons are all atheist is pretty inaccurate.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)