Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things are getting real bad out their.
FACT

MASSIVE increase in DO schools

MASSIVE number of re-applicants from previous cycle

MASSIVE increase in international applicants, due to Biden's pro-immigration visa policies

MASSIVE increase in interviewing because of virtual zoom interviews

MASSIVE increase in student loans and LOTS of desperate applicants. 

In the future:

Pass/Fail means MASSIVE increase in applicants because of a lack of USMLE filter

Things are going to get really bad. Top applicants are scrambling or can't match. Lots of applicants never end up matching even in family medicine. Things are getting real, real bad out their. 

Take care boyos!
(10-14-2021, 06:03 PM)Guest Wrote: FACT

MASSIVE increase in international applicants, due to Biden's pro-immigration visa policies

In the future:

Pass/Fail means MASSIVE increase in applicants because of a lack of USMLE filter

Things are going to get really bad. Top applicants are scrambling or can't match. Lots of applicants never end up matching even in family medicine. Things are getting real, real bad out their. 

Take care boyos!

Thanks. 
GVOIEIHEWDJVOIENVPODSNBIPVNSFPBVODFNPZVNCNAD[SB0IEBONSCP IBASNO[SAOVBNDSPABIPNEFJWIPJSAPCDBSMLOPANIK MOPCNASIO[DPSN KDNSCKLMCWFMJOSNKLASK; DOJDCNvovnfovknfpvnfpivfinpivfuoboi EAT A DICK VIFNBPIFDNDPINDPIBNPBNBNPBOPNBBPODNBPOFDNBPONDO NI0ERNOPIWUIFW

In the future:

Take care boyos!
He/she says with a grin and feeling of schadenfreude.

Keep calm. We'll be fine.

Once we all match to neurosurg, we can celebrate by going to Mullen's Bar for Joie de Vivre night after having cumburgers from Stavros' restaurant
I can’t wait till after match when I never have to neurotically
Check this board and spreadsheet again; even if I don’t match this will be a silver lining. Anyone thinking of soap plans even with 15+ interviews??? Thinking try to soap prelim and apply rads
Next cycle if this shit doesn’t work out…the dead look I see in the eyes of the prelims and re-apps in these meet n greets is fucking haunting
(10-14-2021, 07:19 PM)Guest Wrote:

In the future:

Take care boyos!

Thanks. 
GVOIEIHEWDJVOIENVPODSNBIPVNSFPBVODFNPZVNCNAD[SB0IEBONSCP IBASNO[SAOVBNDSPABIPNEFJWIPJSAPCDBSMLOPANIK MOPCNASIO[DPSN KDNSCKLMCWFMJOSNKLASK; DOJDCNvovnfovknfpvnfpivfinpivfuoboi EAT A DICK VIFNBPIFDNDPINDPIBNPBNBNPBOPNBBPODNBPOFDNBPONDO NI0ERNOPIWUIFW

In the future:

Take care boyos!

Once we all match to neurosurg, we can celebrate by going to Mullen's Bar for Joie de Vivre night after having cumburgers from Stavros' restaurant

Wow, a Cum Town troll on a Neurosurgery forum. Love it. The de-stress and anxiety reducer we all need.

(10-14-2021, 07:19 PM)Guest Wrote:

In the future:

Take care boyos!

Thanks. 

In the future:

Take care boyos!

With Stav giving us that Thousand Island stare and Steven Seagal fatly going around corners

I'll have to drop out of this residency, give up neurosurgery, and ask Stav, Nick, and Adam the bug if I can join the Cum Town pod.

Long live Cum Town!

Long live Cum Town!
This troll is a dumb one...

Almost as dumb as Stavros "The Mind" and "The Pig" Halkias. That said, he's pretty f*ckin dumb but he can really solve your problems. Gotta love the CumTown boys. 

Seriously, there's worse things to stress about. Do the work, do as well as you can on your boards, do research, take initiative, and do your best. You'll match into a program. It may not be the one you want, but you'll be fine. Don't stress about the outside variables. Focus on you. 

If you spend your time stressing about the variables mentioned by OP, you're just going to be a miserable, neurotic mess. You only have one life, and if you match into residency, it's gonna be a hellish, rigorous experience. Enjoy the remaining time in medical school, especially 4th year. It's a cakewalk compared to what comes next.
(10-14-2021, 08:34 PM)Guest Wrote: I can’t wait till after match when I never have to neurotically
Check this board and spreadsheet again; even if I don’t match this will be a silver lining. Anyone thinking of soap plans even with 15+ interviews??? Thinking try to soap prelim and apply rads
Next cycle if this shit doesn’t work out…the dead look I see in the eyes of the prelims and re-apps in these meet n greets is fucking haunting

Where is the spreadsheet everyone is talking about? How does one get access to it?
(10-14-2021, 08:34 PM)Guest Wrote: I can’t wait till after match when I never have to neurotically

Here’s an option: don’t neurotically check these things. It doesn’t help you and doesn’t increase your chances at anything.
(10-15-2021, 07:57 AM)Guest Wrote:

Here’s an option: don’t neurotically check these things. It doesn’t help you and doesn’t increase your chances at anything.

Nah…it’s painful to see it but I’m grounded in reality. If a program I’m interested in gives out tons of interviews and I don’t get one then I can free up their listed interview dates to schedule other schools on I might have been less willing to schedule on a prime November/December date prior. With most people who will match having 20+ interviews then you can’t just schedule places at random else you lock yourself out of a later program.
(10-15-2021, 08:56 AM)Guest Wrote:

Nah…it’s painful to see it but I’m grounded in reality. If a program I’m interested in gives out tons of interviews and I don’t get one then I can free up their listed interview dates to schedule other schools on I might have been less willing to schedule on a prime November/December date prior. With most people who will match having 20+ interviews then you can’t just schedule places at random else you lock yourself out of a later program.
Okey dokey. Suit yourself. I’m a random person on the internet, but I still think you’ll be fine
(10-15-2021, 03:53 PM)Guest Wrote:
(10-15-2021, 08:56 AM)Guest Wrote:

Okey dokey. Suit yourself. I’m a random person on the internet, but I still think you’ll be fine

Massive cope. you are coping real hard. I've seen good guys not match and having to scramble into rural family medicine or prison medicine. After 3 years they'll be competing with PAs and NPs for jobs. 

those are the lucky guys .

The unlucky end up never matching. 

MASSIVE increase in MD schools
MASSIVE increase in APPs and scope of practice.

If you are lucky, great. Otherwise, its over buddy boyos.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)