Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
robotics in neurosurgery
Really naive med student here. What are some settings where robotics are used in neurosurgery? I honestly can't find much online about centers that do this and for what. Is robotics in neurosurgery expected to grow? If so what are some exciting places it might be going?
Functional

MGH, Yale, Barrow, Mayo, Dartmouth
Robotics is very much used. Functional uses it frequently (the Rosa) and LITT techniques often use it (functional, oncology). Spine robots are everywhere now (Mazor, Globus, etc). Looking for “centers” that use it is silly, because everywhere has them, including tiny little community hospitals (especially for spine).
(10-17-2021, 11:26 AM)Guest Wrote: Robotics is very much used. Functional uses it frequently (the Rosa) and LITT techniques often use it (functional, oncology). Spine robots are everywhere now (Mazor, Globus, etc). Looking for “centers” that use it is silly, because everywhere has them, including tiny little community hospitals (especially for spine).

I suspect OP was referring to AI powered robots, which are all in early development phase. The machines you refer to are tools controlled by the surgeon--they are not robots. Robots (outside marketing) refers to autonomous machines. 

I wonder if u have low IQ?
OP here - actually was asking just about neurosurgeon operated robots, i couldn't really find much info about operation types where that technology is used it was a really simple question, thanks to those that answered.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)