Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on USF?
Hey guys/gals, does anybody have any experience with USF for sub-i or life as a resident? Have heard that it could be an understated gem before, but the program seems to be an enigma in terms of reputation and training. . Any ideas on strengths and weaknesses of subspecialties? Faculty mentoring and willing to teach? Overall culture, operative autonomy? Research heavy vs operative heavy? Just trying to gauge where it falls in regards to other programs in the southern part of the country especially in comparison to UF, Miami, Emory, or a Carolinas for instance. 

Thanks 
If it's not UCSF, then it's not worth thinking about. Just my 2 cents.
Appreciate it, you’re almost as useful as an astray on a motorcycle.
Surgically solid but culture wise pretty old school and brutal on the residents
I disagree, the culture is very progressive. Operative wise and large amount of volume and autonomy. Very benign program, ran by residents from the culture perspective. The one limiting factor is not a research powerhouse nor as much free time to dedicate to research or resident protected time beyond operating
Top tier: USCF, Barrow, Mayo, MGH

I don't see USCF on that list, do you?
MGH doesn't belong in the same tier as UCSF, Barrow, and Mayo. Should be 2 tiers below.
How would you rank Nebraska? Heard it was great from a couple people at t20 programs
Dogshit lol
Right up there with Oklahoma, LSU-NO, Louisville, and Missouri-Columbia.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)