Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enfolded Fellows - How r they viewed?
Is an enfolded spine fellowship good enough if you want to go into private practice or hospital employment?
Yes

Source: current post-grad spine fellow, just got done applying for private jobs
Do you think your post-grad spine fellowship was worth it? Also, what's the market for private jobs looking like right now? I heard of starting base salaries of 800k.
I’m at a program with enfolded fellowships, and no one in 5 years has done a post grad fellowship, and all have gotten good jobs (academic and non academic)
Did you use a recruiter? Doesn't it seem like AANS career center is just recycling the same 10 jobs over and over again?
I used a recruiter but all of the good jobs are word of mouth. I didn't end up interviewing at any jobs the recruiter sent me.

I ended up seriously considering three offers. $575-750k base pay, $1800-2400 per day call pay (call at these places was 1:3 or 1:4). Moving allowances/commencement bonuses of 50-75k.

I think my post grad fellowship was worth it. I had a goal of becoming an expert in a very niche area of spine surgery which I think will help me to market my practice. You should have a clear goal in mind for your spine fellowship and target programs which will get you that training.
Isn't this on the lower end of the spectrum? Did you only look at private practice jobs or hospital employment as well?
Yes, those compensation numbers are very much on the lower end of the spectrum
Depending on where this person was interviewing, those can be lower end or average. If this person wanted to be in LA, SF, Boston, NYC, that can be about right. Also yall need to understand there is a huge difference between base pay and actual compensation. You can have a base pay of 575k and a low RVU threshold with high RVU/$$ number and end up making well over 1million. You could also have a base pay of 800k with a high RVU threshold where you will unlikely make much more than your base. I wouldn't get scared off by just base pay if you plan to try and have a busy practice.
What is the average that neurosurgeons can make per year from ASC ancillary income?

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)