Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USC and Cedars
I was accepted to both sub-Is for USC and Cedars, but the USC sub-I isn't until Sept and ends the day ERAS is due vs. Cedars, which is in August. Which would you guys recommend doing? Would I be hurting myself by doing a sub-I at USC by it being so late in the game? One of the plus points is that USC interviews all of their sub-Is, I believe. There is a bit of a time crunch so I would appreciate any and all suggestions, thank you!
Just a fellow med student here, but also planning on doing a September sub-I. I have been told that it's totally fine as long as you have your whole app ready to go and submit the day ERAS is due. I plan on communicating early with my September letter writer to see about getting the letter together a little early. Otherwise, will plan to just upload that last letter right after the September rotation (I'll have enough letters without the September sub-i).

The guaranteed interview at USC would make it worth any marginal risk for me personally. Good luck to you this season!
Also doing a September Sub-I and Cedar Sub-I. Sounds like me and OP will be on the same Sub-Is together back to back. And plan on doing the same thing as above, just putting it out there to get a letter rather early and submitting APP on time. Although grade from rotation won’t be on ERAS, having the interview for being a sub-I is a huge plus.
^are you doing USC in Sept and Cedars in August?
Yup I am!
Are you planning on doing 3 aways or just two?
Just 2

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)