Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Vascular Fellowships
Do any of the open vascular (or combined) fellowships actually have the fellows operate at all?
They all do
(04-19-2018, 12:50 PM)Guest Wrote: They all do

What I've heard is that they're all mostly observation.
We have a vascular fellowship at our shop and over the years its spanned the gamut - some fellows have only been allowed to watch, others do the whole thing - split the fissure, dissect out the aneurysm and fire the clip. It has been really dependent on how competent and confident the individual is and how comfortable the attending is to allow the fellow to run the show.
(04-20-2018, 09:38 PM)Ventricles Wrote: We have a vascular fellowship at our shop and over the years its spanned the gamut - some fellows have only been allowed to watch, others do the whole thing - split the fissure, dissect out the aneurysm and fire the clip. It has been really dependent on how competent and confident the individual is and how comfortable the attending is to allow the fellow to run the show.

How much autonomy do the fellows have once they've completed fellowship?
100? They are attending by that point
can someone elaborate on this. How the hell are fellows supposed to clip aneurysms and take out AVMs if all they do is watch?
(04-20-2018, 09:38 PM)Ventricles Wrote: We have a vascular fellowship at our shop and over the years its spanned the gamut - some fellows have only been allowed to watch, others do the whole thing - split the fissure, dissect out the aneurysm and fire the clip. It has been really dependent on how competent and confident the individual is and how comfortable the attending is to allow the fellow to run the show.

so sad. i did all of these things as a resident...but then again, i never tracked my work hours or needed a safe space
(06-27-2018, 03:11 AM)Guest Wrote:

so sad. i did all of these things as a resident...but then again, i never tracked my work hours or needed a safe space

You were such a badass, i bet everyone's super impressed
(06-26-2018, 05:43 PM)Guest Wrote: can someone elaborate on this. How the hell are fellows supposed to clip aneurysms and take out AVMs if all they do is watch?

I was one such cuck fellow   Now I'm an attending at your program!

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)