Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fellow Domination
Can we get a list started (yes, this will be a bit subjective) of programs where fellows run the show? What are the places where resident operative experience suffers because of this. I'd love to get some perspective from those who actually rotated at these places.
(05-07-2018, 06:13 PM)Guest Wrote: Can we get a list started (yes, this will be a bit subjective) of programs where fellows run the show? What are the places where resident operative experience suffers because of this. I'd love to get some perspective from those who actually rotated at these places.

I can't think of fellows stealing all the volume from residents but in certain subspecialties fellows are getting the lion's share of cases. Chiefs don't seem to have a problem getting the cases they want even among the fellows at any place in my experience. Miami with trauma, Barrow and Jeff with vascular, Baylor with tumors, Cleveland clinic with spine, UCSF with functional are some that come to mind.
Seriously, go see for yourself how much the fellow is doing!

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)