Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Youngest Neurosurgery Resident?
I feel inferior to these Harvard Men
The issue, as I see it, is that this fellow Rolle is a braggart. The problem with showing off is that, by definition, you put other people down, and no one likes that. Now at least if he was a real top surgeon/researcher, then that is one thing. However, he is a relatively average NS resident but portrays himself as a top surgeon.

In the olden days, such behavior was frowned upon--because such behavior, by its very nature, makes others feel inferior. However, in today's culture, such behavior is normalized--look at all the idiotic bragging done on social media.

But despite the cultural shift, human nature is still basically the same, and making people feel inferior leads people to post angry, anonymous rants against you--as is frequently done on these forums.
Well spoken by the old fart attending
Well said Dr. Spetzler! Well said. Thread closed. The GOAT has spoken.
(03-22-2023, 12:15 AM)Guest Wrote: The issue, as I see it, is that this fellow Rolle is a braggart. The problem with showing off is that, by definition, you put other people down, and no one likes that. Now at least if he was a real top surgeon/researcher, then that is one thing. However, he is a relatively average NS resident but portrays himself as a top surgeon.

In the olden days, such behavior was frowned upon--because such behavior, by its very nature, makes others feel inferior. However, in today's culture, such behavior is normalized--look at all the idiotic bragging done on social media.

But despite the cultural shift, human nature is still basically the same, and making people feel inferior leads people to post angry, anonymous rants against you--as is frequently done on these forums.

If seeing someone else's accomplishments makes you feel inferior, the problem lies in your own insecurity
There’s a difference between simply presenting your achievements and trying to convince everyone you’re God’s gift to the rest of us. Check out his charity’s website, it’s all just full of articles speaking of his greatness. Nothing but smoke and mirrors to make headlines….
The amount of Rolle hate on here stinks awfully hard of racism, guys.
Can you articulate why? I agree it’s cowardly and beyond childish to trash talk anyone, anonymously notwithstanding, but I think calling it racism is a pretty ridiculous stretch. Every single poster on here so far could be his same race for all you know. Don’t project.
Or you’re entitled, elitist and don’t really understand how being in the trenches works
Rolle was never in the trenches lol. His family is loaded but he spins it like he’s an underdog coming from poverty

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)