Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Youngest Neurosurgery Resident?
So? Still very impressive for a person to make it to the NFL, get a Rhoades Scholarship, AND match nsgy at MGH. Stop hating and maybe you'll accomplish half of what he's done
Rolle to jh, next carson
Three publications and a poor board score should not equal MGH neurosurgery. His family came from wealth and he spins it as he wasn't privileged. If you cant see that your as dumb as the people who bought his book. He got that spot because they can sell books and nothing more.
Why is jh taking him then? They know he’ll bring the department up as Carson did
Diversity hire
Rolle seemed like a genuinely nice guy when I interviewed at MGH. Don't hate the player.
Quote:Diversity hire

He won several research awards. It makes sense that Hopkins would hire a leading young researcher. 
If they’re really hiring him for Hopkins then JHH is a bunch of idiots. Guy is supposed to be spine I believe and he is a nobody in spine research. He literally gets in doors because people want to party with the former NFL player
He's obviously a great celebrity name to have in the room. Having a minority with Oxford, NFL, and Harvard nsgy attached to his name makes for great headlines and good pr. I'm sure JHH weighed it and determined his celebrity status is more of a benefit to their status than his lack of actual nsgy accomplishments. Quite astounding how a top academic field like nsgy would elevate a pr magnet to high positions instead of actual contributors working to push the field forward
I hate to break it to you all, but getting a 209 on Step 1 and being a best selling author is more impressive than your 265 and 5 case reports. Being featured on ESPN and the main stage of the Spine Section meeting is more impressive than your 2 minute podium talk at CNS. Being a Rhodes Scholar is more impressive than your meaningless AOA nomination. Being a former NFL player is more interesting than your hobbies of being a "foodie" and "exercising".

He's better than you. If you were interviewing for the same job as him, no matter what it was, he would win every time. Not because he's black, but because he's better than you.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)